The Town Council owns some wonderful open spaces in the town including Filham Park, Longtimber and Pithill Woods, MacAndrews Field and Victoria Park. Click on the pictures below for more information about each of these.
Parks and Open Spaces
Information about the Parks and Open Spaces in Ivybridge
Other Open Spaces
The Town Council is also responsible for land at Orchid Avenue, Erme Riverside, Holman Way and Baron's Pyke.
Hire of Parks and Open Spaces
If you wish to hold an event on Ivybridge Town Council land please refer to our publication Ivybridge Town Council Parks and Open Spaces Event Guidelines.
The Ivybridge Town Council Event Application Booking form is available to download here.
South Hams District Council Open Spaces
South Hams District Council are responsible for a number of other recreational spaces in the town which include -
- Erme Playing Fields - off Ermington Road, the home to Ivybridge Town Football Club and the South Devon Tennis Centre; includes a small children’s play park and riverside walk.
- Riverside and Area Around Leisure Centre Play Park - includes a riverside walk and a modern, well-equipped children’s play park with disabled access adjacent to the Leisure Centre.
- Skate Park - Leonards Road Car Park.
- Woodlands Park (The Spinney) - off Woodland Road, mainly laid to grass with trees and hedges predominating and a stream meandering through. Facilities include a children’s play area, a multi-sports area, a teenage shelter and a wildlife pond with platform pier to assist pond dipping.
- St Johns Close Play Park - Off Western Road and St John's Close. A well-equipped play park suitable for children of all ages.
- Torre Park - off Blachford Road.
- Well-equipped local play areas - Worthele Close (off Cornwood Road), Barn Close (Off Cornwood Road), Woodburn Close (off Fairway Avenue), Weatherdon Drive (off Cole Lane) and Blackthorn Drive (off Gorse way).
- Amenity greenspace within residential areas at Cole Lane, St Peters Way and Gorse Way.
If you wish to report a problem at any of the South Hams District Council open spaces you can do it via this link.