Full time – 37 hours per week
Grade C (£18,993-£19,698) plus Local Government Pension Scheme
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a small friendly team in an established but constantly evolving community facility.
You will need to be flexible, confident and able in a wide range of areas. Job requires you to have:
• Good IT skills and the capacity to learn to operate the digital cinema, box office and other systems
• Ability to organise and direct colleagues during events and day to day operation
• Be able to set up furniture in rooms to customers’ requirements
• Excellent administration and communication skills to work with customers to organise room hire and events via email and phone
• Knowledge to provide help and advice face to face to local people, visitors and tourists
• Willingness to help with catering including bar and barista work
• Ability to work evenings, weekends and daytimes, five shifts over seven days, including locking up and opening up the building.
Ideally you will have knowledge of the town of Ivybridge, the surrounding area, as well as the cinema and catering or live entertainment industry.
For an informal conversation about the role please call the Town Clerk, Jonathan Parsons on 01752 893815.
Click here for full job description and application form
Closing date: Midday Friday 1st October 2021
Interviews: Friday 8th October 2021 (subject to change)